How Can Geofencing In Philadelphia Enhance A Home Security System?
Modern smart security installations have become more advanced by the day. Even so, you may still neglect to complete basic security tasks like turning on your a security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these chores in the future? When you implement geofencing in Philadelphia, you can simply leave the driveway and let your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Philadelphia For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your property, which you may set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then tracks your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements utilize to share information with other connected equipment. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by grouping all elements onto one, unified network. You can then draw specific boundaries on all sides of your house and assign particular actions when you go past the boundary.
For instance, when you pull away from your driveway, you can program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are a handful of the devices you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your home security system in Philadelphia. With the security app, you can do a lot with smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices come alive when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the fan if a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera detects unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in unison. Make your lights turn off, the A/C go down, and the locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and temperature settings.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to set your alarm system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Philadelphia
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our representatives today at (215) 798-2927 or complete the form below to get started on your ideal security system.