How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Philadelphia
Security cameras can solely be used as a deterrent—a display that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Thankfully, modern security cameras come armed with a number of tools all designed to enable comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these tools empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Philadelphia.
How To Set Up Your Philadelphia Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
Mounting your video surveillance on the optimal points around your living space is the right place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a great notion to set a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear sightline of your porch, driveway, front and backyard, garage, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your visitors ought to be a chief regard before installing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the first step in utilizing the all you can from home security cameras in Philadelphia. The additions listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your phone anytime strange activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to start filming when activity is discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your security cameras to film and save clips for easy viewing anytime.
- 2-way audio: The majority of modern security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to people with the device. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and provides a more complete look at any space. Look for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up video of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to inform you of movement occurring on your yard or your porch and ignore traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send timely notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Philadelphia is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security rises from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (215) 798-2927 or complete the form below to get started building your security system today.