How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Philadelphia
You understand you need to safeguard your home. After all, it’s the spot where your family lives and is where you have all of your valuables. But what is the right type of home defense? Whether or not to use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief considerations you need to make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Philadelphia and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection links to a third-party monitoring service that is ready to act at all times. If a door sensor triggers or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring agents are issued an instant alert. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and contact the applicable emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t have professional backup. You can consider this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you must act to remedy the situation. This choice is the less expensive solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Philadelphia
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup on your side is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without access to your smartphone, your home and those inside will still be safeguarded.
- Speedier response: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to emergencies than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems may entitle you to a homeowners insurance discount.
- Better equipment and seamless integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security specialist, you will enjoy a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Numerous individuals prefer to have the install completed by skilled experts, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Must sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This stipulation is likely to be agreeable for many as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Philadelphia
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: DIYers could consider this an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an added fee. Other people may wish to use an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can incorporate equipment whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find assembling into a cohesive system a challenge.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you don’t have your smartphone and don’t get a security warning? This circumstance equates to additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your total attention: Since you are the single person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Hooking up the system is up to you: If you want help during the install, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Philadelphia
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Philadelphia from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the ideal option for you. Call (215) 798-2927 today to customize your package.