You may recall when home security components were restricted to where wires could be placed in your home. You didn’t have the option of placing a security camera on a desk or managing your implements with a mobile device. With that being said, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the incorporation of wireless systems. You currently have an array of additional advantages to enjoy -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and easy installations. Wireless home security systems in Philadelphia will protect your home while making your life more convenient.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
If you wish to benefit from everything wireless security can deliver, you have to have a proper internet connection. If you have high-speed internet and a capable wireless router, you’re in a good position for a wireless setup.
If you’re worried about an internet or power outage, look for options that have battery and cellular backups available to sustain the link to your monitoring team at all times.
If you live in a rural setting without dependable cellular or internet access, a wired system will in all probability be better. Or It could also make more sense from a monetary perspective to go the traditional route if you relocate to a home that already has wiring installed.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Philadelphia will boost your family’s protection, which is the primary goal to start with. On the other hand, if you prefer the possibility of using the most current tech, consider these benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to everything in your house from your locking systems to your surveillance cameras directly from the palm of your hand with the ADT Control app. You are able to view who’s at the front door, activate your smart lights, and even arm your system if you didn’t remember to do so. When a security event does occur, you may have notifications sent straight to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with the countless wires, crumbling drywall, and time-consuming installs. One of the greatest facets of wireless gadgets is that you may install them virtually anywhere and in less time. If you would like to add on later with new equipment, integrating devices into your network is simple.
- Interactions between components: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a reality with quick, bi-directional communications. You can set your system to perform a function in certain circumstances to increase your protection and discourage intrusions. For example, if your exterior video camera discerns suspicious disturbances along your home’s perimeter, it may signal your inside lights to activate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Philadelphia
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Philadelphia have proven to be dependable, it’s understandable if you have some hesitations about using one. Let’s take a look at some of the common areas of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless devices could stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart implements will send you a notification whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors generally need to be arranged within a set distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders for some packages to boost your adaptability.
- Comparable to other computer networks, the fear of getting hacked persists. The good news is that you can do things to greatly reduce the risk by utilizing secure passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only employ security devices with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Experts
Are you ready to experience the benefits of Philadelphia wireless home security? Contact us at (215) 798-2927 to speak with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will aid you in creating the right package for your property.